Do you require a proofreader or copy editor? If so, then look no further. I am qualified in both, and offer very reasonable rates.
The first thing you need to do is decide which service you require.
- If you have a finished manuscript and require only a final read-through to pick up any spelling, punctuation or grammatical mistakes, then my proofreading service is for you. This service is ideal for anyone who has a pressing deadline or who just requires a fresh pair of eyes to evaluate a manuscript.
- My copy editing service provides a more in-depth analysis of your writing. In addition to correcting errors in spelling, punctuation and grammar, I will provide advice on the structure, clarity and narrative flow of your document.
The processes for both proofreading and copy editing follow the same lines. I will assess your document using Microsoft Word’s Track Changes function. All corrections will be clearly marked in the manuscript or in the comments. Once completed, I will return the manuscript to you: you can either accept or reject my changes and suggestions. Once this is done, I can can give the document one final read-through for a small additional fee.
My fees are reasonable but depend on the length and complexity of the job. Once I assess the work you require, I will provide a quote. When the fee is agreed, I require half to be paid up-front via bank transfer or Paypal. The remainder is to be paid upon completion of the work. I regret that any transaction fees charged by PayPal must be added to the final invoice.
Transcription services – typing up handwritten notes and manuscripts, or transcription of dictaphone tapes – are also available.
Some things to bear in mind:
- I accept both fiction and non-fiction manuscripts. No job is too big or too small: I will give equal attention to university dissertations, essays, novels, short stories, blog posts, or anything else you have written.
- I can only accept Microsoft Word documents.
- I will not, under any circumstances, write your work for you. The manuscript must be complete upon submission to me.
- I will not take responsibility for fact checking.
- I will endeavour to turn around the job as quickly as possible. However, let me know if your work is very urgent and I will try my best to prioritise it.
Please direct all queries and correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to hearing from you!
“I used Sinead’s services as a proofreader to read over my first novel, My Brother the Enemy, which is about 30,000 words long. What initially amazed me was the speed of the turnaround – the whole thing was thoroughly proofread and returned to me in no time at all. However much you read and re-read your own work, it is impossible to pick up on every error. What surprised me was how many errors there were, all of which were picked up by Sinead. Her corrections and the explanations for those corrections are very useful for a writer not just for the work in progress but for future work and one’s development as a writer. The suggestions and amendments also were spot on, and showed that she understood what I was trying to achieve as a writer. At the end of the process, I felt the novel was a much tighter, and a more professional piece of work. I was very pleased to have found Sinead and would highly recommend.” Rupert Colley, Novelist and Founder of History In An Hour
“A big, big THANK YOU to
@sfitzgib for putting in life-crushing days of work to make the Walking With Angels manuscript ready for printing. If anyone ever wants a great editor/proofreader look no further. @sfitzgib is both the steady rock and the tenacious ratter of inconsistency.” Melanie Gow, Artist and Author of the Walking With Angels photobook. (via Twitter).